Patio Pacific Endura Flap™ Pet Door for Installation into Walls - Large
Flap Size - 10" x 19" (10" x 18" for double flap version)
Rough Cut Out - 12 1/2" w x 23" h
Outside Frame - 13 9/16" w x 23 5/8" h
- The Endura Flap is soft, flexible and safe.
- Superior low temperature performance!
- Seals tightly against weather
- Insulates like dual pane glass
- Specially treated with a powerful UV retardant to help prevent yellowing or cracking in the sun
- Remains flexible in very low temperatures
- Extreme resistance to wind
- Visually Clear - flap is not tinted
- Environmentally friendly - uses a polyolefin-based polymer (similar to material used in food storage containers) which is a non-toxic material that is recyclable and safe for the environment
- Superbly engineered
- Self-framing using heavy gauge aluminum tunnel
- For all walls up to 8" thick (ample for most 2x4 & 2x6 stud walls)
- Optional Dual Flaps version available - recommended for areas where it gets to freezing or below for significant periods
- Flap Guaranteed for 15 years/ Frame for 10 years
- Also available in Small, Medium and Extra Large sizes
- Also available in door-mount version
- Made in the USA
Note: Endura Flaps are not recommended for use by kittens or tiny dogs.
Slide-in Locking Cover Included
Dual Pane Insulated Flap with Heat Transfer Barriers
Insulation - The Endura Flap consists of a sealed unit that is slightly thicker than a dual-pane glass unit and provides comparable insulation qualities.
Heat Transfer Barriers - Heat transfer across an air space in a sealed unit is caused by air currents moving within the space. These currents are caused by the continuous heating and cooling of the air inside the unit. The Endura Flap is divided by horizontal barriers which serve to reduce the effect of these air currents.
Adjustable Magnets On Both Edges and at Threshold
Wind Resistance and Training
The worst performance a pet door can have is when it blows open in the wind. Then it's really leaking a lot of air!
The Endura flap pet door has been proven in a wind tunnel to resist blowing open in winds in excess of 50 mph! In the same comparison testing, two of the largest selling pet doors on the market blew open at approximately 20 mph. (One was in the high 'teens', the other in the low 20's).
Nearly all customers have been satisfied with Endura flap wind resistance "out of the box". However, magnet kits are available to further increase wind resistance. Each size will accept up to two additional magnet pairs across the bottom of the flap which increases the magnet strength in that area by 50% to 300% depending upon the size of the flap.
Some users would like the flap to be easier to push open while training. The Endura flap design allows for temporary elimination of magnets on the sides as well as across the bottom.
When these magnets are removed, the Endura flap is extremely easy to push and the floating threshold remains in the low position.
The Endura Flap Pivots!