Downy Woodpecker House
America's smallest woodpecker species, the Downy is a backyard favorite. These are friendly little birds that enjoy being around people. Since Downys tend to use nest boxes in the winter as roosts to escape the cold, fall is a great time to put up a house. The birdhouse comes with standard slate squirrel guard. Wood chips are also included and should be renewed each nesting cycle.
- Measures: 15-1/2"h x 5-3/4"w x 8"d"
- Designed by experts and field tested
- Features appropriate ventilation, drainage and opens for easy cleaning
- Comes with slate squirrel guard and wood chips
- Provides superior insulation with greater temperature stability
- Constructed to last
- Handcrafted in Maine
- Made from sustainably grown 1" thick Eastern white pine
Downey woodpeckers like open forests of mixed growth, orchards, swamps. They reside throughout eastern United States.